Course & Rules Update
It looks like we may have a few playable days this week. The golf course is extremely wet so we are going to have some unusual rules in place. For the rest of the weekend we ask that all push carts remain in the rough only. We had a few leave major ruts down the middle of fairways on Sunday, and have now had at least 3 more inches of rain. Also, today and possibly tomorrow the driving range will be closed. This is due to the extremely wet conditions on the tees and the body of the range. I am sorry for any inconvenience but we need to protect our course and facilities.
On another note this is just a reminder to follow the best practices that we have put in place. Please see below for a reminder. We are also going to use sections of pool noodles in the cups to keep the ball at a height where golfers will not have to reach into the cup to retrieve their ball (great idea Ryan Mitchell!). I hope everyone stays safe and can still enjoy this wonderful game.
CCP Best Practices for Golfer Safety
- Please wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer while playing or practicing
- Please leave the pin in at all times while playing golf
- All rakes have been removed from the bunkers to eliminate touch points, please smooth the sand back with your foot after hitting a bunker shot
- All golfers taking carts must ride alone
- Please follow all social distancing guidelines when playing or interacting with members and staff at the club
- The golf staff will disinfect touch points throughout the day in the Golf Shop and the cart staff will wipe down cart steering wheels and other high touch areas
- We ask that all golfers still check in but please limit your time in the Golf Shop to help staff and members stay safe
- Any bag storage bags will go with the member following the first time they go out of bag storage
- Other than ball crates all other equipment will be removed from the driving range to eliminate touch points
PGA Head Professional
CC of Paducah
Kentucky PGA Secretary