Golf Operations Update
We are certainly in unprecedented times in the golf world and the world as a whole. I would like to keep everyone updated on where our golf operations stand, and best practices you can use to stay safe and keep others safe while golfing. It has been a trying last few days with what looks like many more to come, and I hope that the game of golf can be a bright spot.
Currently, the Golf Shop will continue to operate from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday through Sunday. The range and practice green will also be open normal hours. If government restrictions change, I will keep our membership updated as to our hours of operation.
The Klondike Classic which was scheduled for Saturday, March 28th has been rescheduled to Saturday, April 18th. As we move forward we will keep the membership updated on the scheduling of other upcoming events.
While the game will offer a much-deserved break from the reality of the COVID-19 pandemic we need to make sure that all golfers are taking the necessary steps to stay safe and keep others safe. Please see below for some best practices that we ask all golfers to follow while at the facility.
CCP Best Practices for Golfer Safety
- Please wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer while playing or practicing
- Please leave the pin in at all times while playing golf
- All rakes have been removed from the bunkers to eliminate touch points, please smooth the sand back with your foot after hitting a bunker shot
- All golfers taking carts must ride alone
- Please follow all social distancing guidelines when playing or interacting with members and staff at the club
- The golf staff will disinfect touch points throughout the day in the Golf Shop and the cart staff will wipe down cart steering wheels and other high touch areas
- We ask that all golfers still check in but please limit your interaction with staff in the Golf Shop
PGA Head Professional
CC of Paducah
Kentucky PGA Secretary